Become a Member of Nexus Mutual
If you work for the ExxonMobil group, either as a direct employee or a contractor, you should definitely consider joining Nexus Mutual. By using Nexus Mutual as your primary financial institution, you and your family members benefit from dealing with a smaller organisation which values you as members.
Nexus Mutual is committed to a high level of service, we provide a diverse range of financial products, services and membership benefits including:
- Management of your everyday finances, including Visa Platinum Credit Card, Low Rate Platinum Credit Card and Visa Debit Card
- Saving and investment accounts
- Travel and foreign currency services
The credit union is a mutual organisation, which means it is member-owned and run. On joining, you are now a part-owner of Nexus Mutual and this means you will be eligible to participate in the election of directors who run the credit union for the benefit of members. Find out more about credit unions.
Who can be a member?
Membership of Nexus Mutual is open to:
- Any employee or long-term contractor to companies in the ExxonMobil Group, and their family members.
- Business entities associated with these persons - such as companies, incorporated bodies, personal superannuation funds and family trusts.
Once a member, you can be a member for life - even if you change employers or retire.
Why you should join
Nexus Mutual provides a full range of competitive services in a friendly but professional manner. Our services are supported by a unique understanding of the circumstances of ExxonMobil staff and their families, and a flexibility to respond to their needs. Services include:
- Mobile and internet banking
- Cards - Visa Platinum Credit, Visa Debit & ATM Access card (rediCARD)
- Bill payment - BPAY, Direct debit
- Saving accounts - cash management, internet saver, term deposits and others
- Loans - home, investment, car, personal
- Overdrafts and temporary credit facilities
- Insurance - home, contents and car
- Travel finance facilities
- Local & overseas fund transfers
Benefits of Nexus Mutual membership include:
- Low interest rates for home, investment and personal loans
- No monthly account fees
- Easy access to your money via:
- Mobile and internet banking
- A Visa Platinum Credit, Visa Debit card or ATM card
- Over 3,400 ATMs within the rediATM network, which now includes NAB and bank-owned BOQ ATMs
- Competitive home loans, including a loan tailored for first home buyers
- Range of insurance products
- Superior level of member service
- Travel money cards and helpful advice
- Financial products and services tailored to the needs of the ExxonMobil community
You become a member, not just a customer.
Don't want to apply online?
Call 1300 65 33 28 from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, visit our branch in Melbourne or Sale, or we can Skype in the comfort of your own home or office.
Becoming a member is easy.
Simply post your membership application form to us or drop into our branches in either Melbourne or Sale. When we open your account, we will require identification from you in accordance with the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering & Counter-Terrorism Financing Act (AML/CTF Act). When you become a member, you will also become a shareholder, which means that you become a part owner of Nexus Mutual.
Coming into our branch?
If you intend coming into our branch to become a member, please:
- Complete a Membership Application and provide sufficient documentation to validate your identity in terms of the requirements of the Australian Government's Anti-Money Laundering & Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
- Read the Identification Documents included in the membership application for information on a range of suitable identification documents for individuals and registered business names, companies, trusts, superannuation funds, associations and registered co-operatives. Please note: signatories to these memberships must also comply with the identification requirements for individuals.
- If you're unable to validate your identity in terms of suitable identification documents you may not be able to join Nexus Mutual.
Or send us your membership application by mail
- Complete our Membership Application
- Review and complete the Certifier form. This allows identification documents to be certified and accepted as a true copy of the original documents by an authorised person as listed in the certifier categories.
- Read the Identification Documents included in the membership application. This will provide you with a list of the identification documents acceptable to Nexus Mutual and the certifier.