Nexus Mutual is a division of Beyond Bank Australia, one of Australia’s largest member-owned banks.
We’re 100% owned by our members.
That means 100% of our profits benefit members, not external shareholders. That’s why we have better rates and lower fees.
Whether it’s day-to-day banking, home and personal lending, or something a little more bespoke, we’ve got all your financial needs covered.
Who is Beyond Bank?
Prior to becoming a member-owned bank in 2013, Beyond Bank Australia was one of Australia’s largest credit unions. Over the years, a number of like-minded organisations, including Nexus Mutual, have joined Beyond Bank.
Beyond Bank has been helping members with their banking needs for over 55 years. We have a proud history of supporting members and local communities.
Anyone can be a Beyond Bank member.
Before Nexus Mutual merged with Beyond Bank Australia on 1 March 2020, Nexus Mutual membership was open only to ExxonMobil employees, contractors and their families.
Now, anyone can access Nexus Mutual’s services through membership with Beyond Bank.
Why bank with us?
- We’ll always put your interests first. Being member-owned, our primary objective is to maximise benefits to members, not to maximise profits for external shareholders.
- Our product range is diverse. From loans, cards, transactions, savings and investment accounts, insurance and travel and foreign currency services, we’ve got the banking services you’d expect of any typical bank. We also provide business banking, wealth management and superannuation. We’ve been named Canstar’s Customer Owned Institution of the Year for Mobile and Online Banking each year since 2016.
- We provide excellent, personalised service. We’re a responsive and tight-knit team. When you contact us, you can expect to deal with the same familiar, friendly people. We know our members well and can tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
- Direct communication and approval processes. We don’t operate in complex multi-layered departments with faceless credit approvers. We can assess applications quickly and give you an honest answer about where you stand and what to expect.
- Your vote counts. When you bank with us, you also become a part-owner of Beyond Bank, and can elect directors and run for Board election.
Junior membership for Under 18's
If you have young children, you can start them early on their financial journey. Get them a high-interest Junior Saver by signing them up for a junior membership.
Call us on 1300 65 33 28, email email@example.com or drop into our Melbourne or Sale branch.