Nexus Mutual provides fee-free transactions on each principal banking activity in Australia and would like to see all members avoid fees by using these wherever possible. By making some simple changes to the way you manage your accounts, you can avoid paying transaction fees.
Here are our top tips for avoiding unnecessary fees:
Purchases and bill payments
Select the ‘Credit’ button (instead of ‘Saving’ or ‘Cheque’) for your purchase when using your Visa Debit Card at an EFTPOS terminal. This will be counted as a free Visa transaction, rather than an EFTPOS transaction.
- You can make fee-free transactions at most bank-operated ATMs across Australia, such as ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, National Australia Bank and Westpac. Effective 1 July 2018, Nexus Mutual is not part of the rediATM network and you may be charged to transact at a rediATM. If fees are charged, it will be disclosed on the ATM at the time of use, and you can choose not to proceed with your transaction.
To help avoid dishonour and overdrawn account fees
- Apply for an overdraft facility to cover ‘accidental’ over limit incidents.
- Have your salary credited to the same account as the one which has your direct debits or personal cheques.
- Use the Nexus Mutual App, or Internet banking services to check account balances, Pay Someone or transfer funds.
- Keep your plastic cards in a secure place and away from magnets (which damage them) to avoid card replacement fees.
Click here to view our Fees, Charges and Transaction Limits brochure.