Are you a health or emergency worker and need assistance outside of our normal hours? Click here for more.
23 March 2020
Nexus Mutual is committed to assisting and supporting members facing hardship due to a loss of income or change in circumstances as a result of Coronavirus / COVID-19.
Financial hardship can cause a lot of stress to you and the people around you, in these already stressful times. Please know we are thinking of you – and together we’ll help you get through this.
How we’re supporting our customers
- Restructuring options to support home loan customers including:
- Available to Principle & Interest and Interest Only residential home loans and Principle & Interest and Interest Only residential investment home loans
- Defer loan repayments for a period of 3 months which, after review, may then be extended for another 3 months, if considered appropriate
- Interest will be capitalised and the term of the loan extended
- Waiver of fees for the restructuring or consolidation of loans
- Waiver of interest rate reductions/penalties for early withdrawal of term deposits prior to maturity
We’ll also check in with you to ensure the arrangements in place are appropriate.
If you are concerned about accessing cash, or your ability to meet your loan or overdraft repayments, please contact us as soon as you possibly can.
For more information on applying for financial hardship, please call us on 1300 65 33 28 or email us through secure email in Internet Banking or at email@example.com
The Nexus Mutual team
A note from our CEO, Robert Keogh
We are proud to be part of your local community and in these challenging times, community is what is most important. It is at the heart of what we do.
That’s why I want to let you know about some temporary changes we will be making to ensure that you can continue to bank with confidence knowing that your health and wellbeing are our top priority.
Here are some of the changes you will notice:
- We have significantly upscaled our commitment to a clean environment including disinfecting and sanitizing all surfaces, doors and screens.
- As an important safeguard, we have provided hand sanitiser at all our branches and our staff are also using hygiene and personal sanitation products.
- We may greet you a little differently, with handshaking and close contact to be avoided for the time being.
- We are asking that you refrain from visiting our branches if you feel unwell or have flu-like symptoms and have recently returned from overseas, or if you have been in close contact with someone with these symptoms who has recently returned from overseas.
- Face-to-face meetings may be moved to phone conversations.
- Any of our staff who are feeling unwell will be asked to stay home.
- We have also put in place new policies to require some staff to work from home where possible to limit the risk of the virus spreading.
Most importantly, we want you to know that despite the current situation, we remain calm and positive and look forward to providing you with the full range of banking products and services.
At this time, you may also like to consider the options for you to access banking through our banking app, online or by phone. You can also access cash via ATM’s and EFTPOS at selected merchants such as supermarkets and petrol stations.
This is also an ideal time to become familiar with our digital wallet services which include Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay, all which offer contactless payments and will be helpful in the future.
As you can see, there are many ways to keep life as normal as possible and it’s important we stay connected and inclusive. You can also be assured that customers of Beyond Bank remain securely backed by the Commonwealth Government’s Guarantee through the Financial Claims Scheme for deposits of up to $250,000.
Remember, as part of your local community, we are here for you and if you need any support with your banking or other financial services, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Finally, we will keep you updated on any further actions and thank you for your co-operation and support.
CEO, Beyond Bank Australia
Phone: 1300 65 33 28